From: varanasi kiran [mailto:varanasir@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:14 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Instance of aspect

Hi,
   I have an aspect which has a static variable defined. I want to set the
value to this static variable using a RMI Server class. Can anyone suggest
how can I do this?

Since aspect is just another java class (logically), I tried to access the
static varaiable to some value & it does not compile. I tried to compile
using ajc, BTW.

Following is my aspect:

public aspect Test {
  public static String methodName = "";

  pointcut callServlet() : execution ( * javax.servlet..*.*(..) );

  before() : callServlet() {
    System.out.println(" Method Name: " + methodName );
  }
}

I tried to access "methodName" in RMI Server impl class as: Test.methodName.

Thanks in advance,