Re: [aspectj-users] Aspect-Oriented Modeling with UML, how do you do it?

Hi Grant,
may I provide you with a list of links to the (past) AOM-Workshops mentioned by Awais that focus on your particular interest: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/workshops/aosd2003/links.html (this is the link-page of the last AOM-Workshop at the last AOSD conference in Boston).

The workshop will proceed at the upcoming UML conference in San Francisco (http://www.umlconference.org/). Maybe you like to communicate your well-founded thoughts on that subject and turn in a position paper :-). Have a look at http://www.cs.iit.edu/~oaldawud/AOM/index.htm.

May I also point you to our work in that field which can be found at http://www.cs.uni-essen.de/dawis/publications/#se. We focused on respresenting AspectJ's concept in the UML while strictly adhering to UML's proper extension mechanisms (stereotypes, tagged values, etc.) and restraining from extending the UML's meta-modell. You are invited to evaluate how far you can go in aspect-oriented modeling with these means.

Best regards,
Dominik.

Grant Rettke schrieb:
Any recommendations for readings on this topic?