Re: [aspectj-dev] Building AspectJ on a Mac

Hello Andy,

Well ... the local.properties file is required in the current build, though.
Is it correct to assume that it is not currently used within the build (other than that it has to exist, that is)?
If one removes/does not create the local.properties file, the build breaks with an error message.

I just wonder where you would recommend that the path to tools.jar should be added in the build.xml file.
The macrodefs seem not to accept additional classpath entries... but I may very well be wrong here.
Currently, the classpath is synthesized not to contain the tools.jar (or, classes.jar as it is called within the Mac JDK version 6.x).

[ajbuild-javac] Compilation arguments:
[ajbuild-javac] '-d'
[ajbuild-javac] '/var/folders/c5/j96spl9177xfn2_3pr2pdnq80000gn/T/Builder3945142546881233777tmp/classes-1386360232816'
[ajbuild-javac] '-classpath'
[ajbuild-javac] '/var/folders/c5/j96spl9177xfn2_3pr2pdnq80000gn/T/Builder3945142546881233777tmp/classes-1386360232816:/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/asm.jar:/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/org.aspectj.ajdt.core.jar:/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/bridge.jar:/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/util.jar'
[ajbuild-javac] '-sourcepath'
[ajbuild-javac] '/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/ajdoc/src'
[ajbuild-javac] '-target'
[ajbuild-javac] '1.1'
[ajbuild-javac] '-g'
[ajbuild-javac] '-source'
[ajbuild-javac] '1.3'

error building ajbrowser for /Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/build/products/tools: BuildException compiling ajdoc[outputFile=/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/ajdoc.jar, requiredResults=[asm, org.aspectj.ajdt.core, bridge, util], srcDirs=[/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/ajdoc/src], libJars=[]]{ajdoc[outputFile=/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/aj-build/jars/ajdoc.jar, requiredResults=[asm, org.aspectj.ajdt.core, bridge, util], srcDirs=[/Users/lj/Development/Projects/Codehaus/aspectj/ajdoc/src], libJars=[]]}: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

I also wonder if you mind me trying to create a maven build for the AspectJ project (I'll give you the pull request when done).
However, in order for me to be able to do that I need to be able to build the project "as is" - and that implies I need to add
the tools.jar to the classpath for the ajdoc build.