[aspectj-dev] Problems building JDK 1.5 projects using ApsectJ in JDeveloper

Hi,

I am working with AspectJ 1.5.2 in JDeveloper and have found that it is not possible to convince the compiler to use JDK 5 constructs. I have tracked what I think is the right code down; but wanted to confirm it via email before I raise a bug for this.

It appears that there is a method on AjcBuildOptions called getJavaOptionsMap() which is currently implemented to return null in all cases. In CompilerAdapter.configureBuildOptions areound line 358 the code tried to access this object to access whether to use JDK 5 constructs or not. Since the return value is always null the project is never properly configured.

I notice that the only other implementation of the root interface is CoreBuildOption which appears to directly return a structure from the eclipse class JavaProject. It would appear that this interface is breaking the rules on abstraction, is this the correct read on the situation?

Thanks,

Gerard

Back to the top