[aspectj-dev] Mapping cflow to runtime tests

Hi,

We've been trying to figure out how AspectJ maps its cflow PCDs to the needed runtime tests on the control flow stack. What is the algorithm behind this transformation? E.g.: how is the following PCD mapped:

cflow(
   execution(* a (..))
   && !cflow(
       execution(* b (..))
   )
)

What tests are generated for this specific example and how are they obtained? Is the cflow PCD normalized in any way beforehand?

We're working on implementing cflow tests in some prototypical aspect languages for our research. But we're stuck on a general process for translating complex cflow pointcuts (esp. with negation in them) to equivalent dynamic tests.

Kris De Schutter
Bram Adams
SEL, INTEC, UGent

Back to the top