[aspectj-dev] AspectJ & Java 1.4.1 on Mac OS X

Has anyone noticed problems with using AspectJ on Mac OS X, specifically using the newly released version of Java 1.4.1? I've noticed the following error showing up when things worked perfectly fine with version 1.3.1.

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum, but I searched the bug database for the error and couldn't find anything in there. Everything works as expected in 1.3.1.

I downloaded RC1 today and the error is also present in that release.

-- Sachin.

ajc -verbose -injars servlet.jar -outjar test.jar Servlet.java
Exception thrown from AspectJ 1.1beta4

This might be logged as a bug already -- see the bug database at

http://dev.eclipse.org (product: AspectJ, component: compiler)

Bugs for exceptions thrown have titles File:line from the top stack,
e.g., "SomeFile.java:243"

If you don't find the exception below in a bug, please add a new bug
To make the bug a priority, please include a test program
that can reproduce this exception.
corrupted file parser2.rsc
corrupted file parser2.rsc
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: corrupted file parser2.rsc
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.<clinit>(Parser.java:
414)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.<init>(Compiler.java:115)
        at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.compiler.AjCompiler.<init>(AjCompiler.java:
34)
        at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager.makeCompiler(Aj
BuildManager.java:502)
        at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager$BatchBuilder.<i
nit>(AjBuildManager.java:597)
        at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager.batchBuild(AjBu
ildManager.java:101)
        at org.aspectj.ajdt.ajc.AjdtCommand.runCommand(AjdtCommand.java:54)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ajc.Main.run(Main.java:199)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ajc.Main.runMain(Main.java:138)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ajc.Main.main(Main.java:58)

1 fail|abort

Back to the top