RE: [aspectj-dev] Some minor changes to the code?

Martin Lippert wrote:
> A better version of the "weaveWithoutDump" method would be an
> implementation
> that provides information which aspects got woven into the class (or none
> if the
> class remains unchanged). That would allow me to announce this information
> within the weaving class loader which would be pretty nice.

This sort of information should probably be passed using the MessageHandler object that handles all other messages.  This object already receives IMessage.WARNING and IMessage.ERROR messages that you'll need to decide how to handle in your weaver.  It would be straightforward to add some additional IMessage.MESSAGE messages that would indicate when aspects were being woven into particular classes.  If you look at Shadow.java I bet you could find some commented out println's that would be exactly what you wanted if they were turned into messages.

Let me know if this works (and send me your patch if it does) - Jim

Back to the top