Re: [asciidoc-wg] Steering Committee Meeting on July 21, 2020 — Agenda & Resources

Fellow AsciiDoc community members,

Thank you to all who joined this meeting! It was very productive (thanks in a large part to Sharon). I'm happy to announce that, during the meeting, the charter was ratified by the Partner Members. That means it's now possible to vote to approve the AsciiDoc Language Specification Project (see other thread). (Anyone is free to vote to demonstrate approval/disapproval, but only the Steering Committee votes are binding). Following that, the election for the Committee Member seats on the Steering Committee will be initiated. Once those seats are allocated, the Committer Members will also need to ratify the charter.

The Steering Committee tentatively agreed to hold the next meeting on Aug 11, 2020. I'll send out an invite and agenda when we get closer to the date and we can confirm availability. The Steering Committee will meet every few weeks (~3) during this bootstrapping period, then less often once things are more established.

Look for meeting minutes and information about next steps in the follow-up posts to come.

Best Regards,

-Dan

p.s. I want to highlight one correct from the agenda I posted. When identifying the initial Partner Members, I listed Pivotal when I should have written it as VMWare. This error will be corrected in the minutes.

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top