[asciidoc-wg] And another introduction

Hi folks,

I was really happy to see the push to standardization. I myself work for ASAM, a standardisation organisation in the automotive industry, with a focus on the simulation domain (one part of which is the standardisation of e.g. domain specific languages). I have recently been transitioning all our current and new upcoming standards to the asciidoc format for their specification & documentation so I have a vested interest in helping this WG reach its goal! One roadblock I have been encountering is precisely this lack of a defined standard for the language, a step which will definitely drive the acceptance in the industry as a whole. I also really like the move to Eclipse, whose open-source approach I have been using as an example in developing our own workflow for open source when applied to standardisation.

I look forward to joining in and contributing to the future discussions!

Best regards,

Ben Engel

Global Technology Manager

Asam_Logo_RGB_1031px_256dpi

ASAM e.V.
Altlaufstr. 40
85635 Höhenkirchen / Germany

Mobile: +49 1516 1645 936

Tel: +49 8102 8061-66
Fax: +49 8102 8061-68
benjamin.engel@xxxxxxxx

www.asam.net

Registered Association: München - VR 16429; VAT Identification No.: DE 201 282 629
Board of Directors:
Prof. Dr. Marcus Rieker (Chairman, HORIBA Europe GmbH)

Prof. Dr. Frank Köster (DLR e.V.)
Dr. Ralf Nörenberg (HighQSoft GmbH)
Armin Rupalla (RA Consulting GmbH)
Richard Vreeland (Cummins Inc.)