Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Full and short markup for the same element

I think this is a very interesting proposal and deserves careful consideration.
As you say, such a syntax for sections would allow Section A to have content both before and after a nested Subsection B.
I’ve written an extension that appends list items and sublists to existing lists, and there’s a problem I haven’t been able to solve that the “explicit list” ends after the generated items.
I suspect that a ‘long notation’  for lists such as you propose, with explicit begin/end markers, would solve the problem for me.
While I don’t think most sections will ever be written in ‘long notation’ I think it can open up a range of otherwise inaccessible possibilities, while making the syntax logically more coherent.

I look forward to investigating this further!
Thanks!
David Jencks