Re: [aperi-dev] Vote for Committer status for Robert Wipfel has started

Robert,
Welcome to the committer team.  I have provided the PMC with the provisioning information and you should be receiving email soon with verification of your cvs access.

With regard to new feature requests, the Aperi team welcomes any suggestions or contributions you/Novell have.  Up until this point, the Aperi team has been working on features from our original roadmap and we are now facing a situation we haven't had before - adding items to our plan that were not defined in the roadmap.  Ultimately, we need to modify the roadmap to reflect where we are today and where we want to take Aperi.  We will start that activity soon.  But for now, we have been logging our 'requirements' for Aperi modifications and additions as Bugzillas with an 'enhancement' Severity code (enh).  We will use that pool in our planning meetings as we discuss our future releases.

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM     408-284-4795     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/24/2007 04:29 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

<20070523171403.084A52FC20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> technology.aperi Committers,
> Tom Guinane has nominated Robert Wipfel as a Committer on the
> technology.aperi project. The reason given is as follows:

Tom and team,

Many thanks for the nomination and votes.
I'm excited to be part of this community, and
hope to contribute some new code for next
release.

Not sure how feature requests are handled,
but here are a few things that interest Novell:

1/ Making Aperi's cluster support work with
Linux HA cluster technology
2/ Making Aperi's agent run inside a Xen VM
and properly discover virtualized disks
3/ Adding support for iSCSI storage discovery
via iSNS/SLP; using the Linux iSNS project.

Regards,
Robert