Re: [aperi-dev] HOWTO: build Aperi on Linux

I've recreated Robert's environment in VMWare and I'm working to resolve the build issues.

-- Craig

Inactive hide details for Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUSTed Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUS

          Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/26/2007 05:54 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] HOWTO: build Aperi on Linux

I have checked in build_env.sh and the updated build_linux.xml. Per the email below, this requires ant 1.7.0 and the corresponding jsch download. I've updated the checked in build_env.bat to assume ant 1.7.0 and also updated the nightly build machine.

I also started a wiki page for the HOWTO at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/build/linux. Anyone with a bugzilla account can edit this, so we can build from here. I've started moving the Windows build instructions from .doc to wiki format but haven't finished that yet.

thanks Robert!

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/26/2007 02:13 PM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aperi-dev] HOWTO: build Aperi on Linux

Hi,

I know this is still a work in progress, but I'd like to go ahead and check in the build_env.sh (can't hurt) and build_linux.xml (which, after updating the ant and jsch on our build machine, work fine). I can also start a wiki page for the HOWTO. I'll post with the URL when that's done.

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/26/2007 06:15 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] HOWTO: build Aperi on Linux

Hi,

Start with "Aperi Development Environment.doc"
Then these additional steps to get Aperi building on Linux -

Similar to the Windows build environment script
 Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_env.bat,
create a Linux build environment script
 Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_env.sh (see attached)

Create a Linux aperi build user,
 username: aperi
 password: aperi
 home directory:  /home/aperi

Install apache-ant-1.7.0 in Aperi-Dev/BuildTools
Download

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jsch/jsch-0.1.31.jar?download
 into
 Aperi-Dev/BuildTools/apache-ant-1.7.0/lib/jsch-0.1.31.jar

Verify you have SSH access to localhost
 ssh aperi@localhost

Modify Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_linux.xml (see attached)
 sftp="true" for the scp file copies
 fix case insensitive directory name (linux -> Linux)

Start the Linux build
 cd Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi
 source build_env.sh
 ant compile_linux

ANT copies files to the aperi build user's directory and starts the build.

TODO: figure out build dependencies on /opt/java1.4
that seems to be an artefact of LINUX_HOST=jynx.storage.sanjose.ibm.com

Craig - this is where we need some help ;) I installed a Java 1.4.2 JDK
but there are some directories missing compared to dependencies on Jynx,
e.g. /opt/java1.4/jre/lib/classic?

Thanks,
Robert

[attachment "build_env.sh" deleted by Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM] [attachment "build_linux.xml" deleted by Ted Slupesky/Portland/IBM] _______________________________________________