[aperi-dev] HOWTO: build Aperi on Linux

Hi,

Start with "Aperi Development Environment.doc"
Then these additional steps to get Aperi building on Linux -

Similar to the Windows build environment script
    Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_env.bat,
create a Linux build environment script
    Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_env.sh (see attached)

Create a Linux aperi build user,
    username: aperi
    password: aperi
    home directory:  /home/aperi

Install apache-ant-1.7.0 in Aperi-Dev/BuildTools
Download
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jsch/jsch-0.1.31.jar?download
    into
    Aperi-Dev/BuildTools/apache-ant-1.7.0/lib/jsch-0.1.31.jar

Verify you have SSH access to localhost
    ssh aperi@localhost

Modify Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi/build_linux.xml (see attached)
    sftp="true" for the scp file copies
    fix case insensitive directory name (linux -> Linux)

Start the Linux build
    cd Aperi-Dev/Code/Aperi
    source build_env.sh
    ant compile_linux

ANT copies files to the aperi build user's directory and starts the build.

TODO: figure out build dependencies on /opt/java1.4
that seems to be an artefact of LINUX_HOST=jynx.storage.sanjose.ibm.com

Craig - this is where we need some help ;) I installed a Java 1.4.2 JDK
but there are some directories missing compared to dependencies on Jynx,
e.g. /opt/java1.4/jre/lib/classic?

Thanks,
Robert