Re: [andmore-dev] How out of date is Andmore

Crazy thought of the day and the reason I can't get to sleep tonight: Start over. From scratch. Toss the legacy and create a new set of plug-ins that use Gradle off the bat, focus on the using the LaunchBar to launch, blend in with the other IDE plug-ins. Steal stuff from the code we forked from ADT that we figure we couldn't do a better job of, like the layout editor. Start small, support basic use cases and grow from there. Make it a real community thing built by the community, give them a real sense of ownership over it.

I'm going to give this some though. I'm heavily into building IDE mode lately with the work I've done with the LaunchBar and Qt and Arduino build and launch support in CDT. All that is fresh on my mind. Just need to figure out how to set up JDT properly. I think it can be done and done well. I'll see if I call my own bluff before you guys do :). At the very least, I'm going to start prototyping and see where it leads.

- Doug.