Re: [albireo-dev] Initial scrolling of Swing text fields

Hi Gordon,

> I've added some
> code to "re-scroll" text components when the embedded frame is finally
> sized for the first time.

How to reproduce the problem (so as to verify it's fixed on all platforms)?

I tried adding two text fields with a long initial contents and bounded
maximum width to the Swing Zoo View, one with caret at the beginning and
the other with caret at the end. Both displayed correctly already without
your commit: the second one was scrolled to the end.

Then I tried it in a separate view (TextFieldsView, committed). Again
two under-sized text fields. But here, with or without your addition,
the second text field is not scrolled. Even after tabbing through the text
fields, it is not scrolled.

To reproduce: cvs update, run. Open the "Text Fields" view. The two
undersized text fields are scrolled the same. Click into the first text field
then
  tab, tab, -> you see the caret,
  tab again, to the second undersized text field -> not scrolled, caret not
  visible.

On Linux/Gtk. I didn't test Windows.

Bruno

Back to the top