Re: [ajdt-dev] distribution

This meta information is included in AJDT. You can see it by doing
Help > About, and then clicking on the AJ icon. The text in the lower
half says "AspectJ version: xxx". If you want to go straight to the
source of this xxx string, it is stored as a property in the
about.mappings file in the org.eclipse.aspectj plugin.

I agree that the current situation isn't perfect. Some short term
improvements include:
- making the last few AJ dev builds available (AJDT keeps the last five)
- mentioning the included AJ version directly on the AJDT download
page (enhancement   	 111749)

Longer term, I'd like to see changes to the AJ packaging itself, to
facilitate its integration into AJDT. See enhancement 113948.

Regards,

Matt.