Re: [ajdt-dev] Packaging projects built with ajdt code

Hi Irum,

The org.aspect.asm package is in the aspectjweaver.jar which is in the
org.aspectj.weaver project (it's no longer in ajde.jar in org.aspectj.ajde)
Do you have the org.aspectj.weaver project checked out? (you can get it
from the same place that you got org.aspectj.ajde)

Helen

             Irum Godil
             <softwarengineer2
             004@xxxxxxxxx>                                             To
             Sent by:                  AspectJ Development Tools developer
             ajdt-dev-bounces@         discussions <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/10/2005 17:57          Re: [ajdt-dev] Packaging projects
                                       built with ajdt code

             Please respond to
                  AspectJ
             Development Tools
                 developer
                discussions

Hi Matt,
It seems that there have been some changes in the AJDT source code, or
maybe I got a wrong version. I had checked out the AJDT code from branch
1_2, about 2 weeks ago. Some projects such as "org.aspectj.ajde" do not
have a build.xml in them.

I set up another workspace and checked out AJDT code again. This time all
the projects have a build.xml, however, the project "org.eclipse.ajdt.core"
is complaining that it cannot find: "org.aspectj.asm.AsmManager". I do not
see this problem in my last set up, since the type "AsmManager" is found
under project: "org.aspectj.ajde". When I expanded the project for
"org.aspectj.ajde" in the new latest setup, the packages
"org.aspectj.asm.internal" is empty and I cannot find any "org.aspect.asm"
package.

Thus, with the latest checkout I am running into the build issues, and with
the old check out I cannot find all the build.xml files.

I will appreciate any help.

thanks.

Matt Chapman <mpchapman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hi Irum,

 The org.eclipse.ajdt.build plugin is only for doing builds outside of
 Eclipse. The easiest option is to do manual builds from inside
 Eclipse. For this you'll need the UpdateSite plugin,
 and a workspace containing the other ajdt plugins, which are all
 building without errors. All of these plugins should contain build.xml
 files - which ones are you missing?

 When you run the build.xml from UpdateSite, make sure you run it in
 the same JRE environment (from the JRE tab of the launch
 configuration).

 Regards,

 Matt.

 On 11/10/05, Irum Godil wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I checked out the ajdt code base, with tag1_2, and have made some
 > modifications. I would like to package the code together as one ajdt
 plugin.
 > How can I do it?
 >
 > I have tried running the ant build file for project
 > "org.eclipse.ajdt.build", but that does not generate any files.
 >
 > Also, I tried running the ant file from the "UpdateSite" project. This
 > project complains about a lot of ajdt projects not having a build.xml
 file
 > in them.
 >
 > I will really appreciate any help.
 > Thanks.