Re: [ajdt-dev] building AspectJ + AJDT

Matt Chapman wrote:

Back on the topic of building AJDT, I've just committed an update to the FAQ entries 4.2 and 4.3 at http://eclipse.org/ajdt/faq.html which should now fully cover the current situation. If you follow this through, please let me know of any typos or things that didn't work for you.

I managed to build AJDT, run the tests, create update site and finally upgrade AJDT with the locally built version.

Notes:

* The FAQ should mention the names, location and required contents of the configuration files needed to build the update site:

org.aspectj.ajde/aspectjlib.properties:
aspectj.lib.dir=<ASPECTJ-WORKSPACE>/aj-build/tools/lib

UpdateSite/ftp.properties:
aspectj=<ASPECTJ-WORKSPACE>/aj-build/tools

* After a build many files are reported as added in the sychnronize view. In most cases, this can be easily fixed by editing .cvsignore files

* FAQ should indicate that building AJDT requires more than 64M heap in eclipse. 128M worked for me, but only after I learned that -vmargs must be placed on the comanndline after -data ...

* I managed to mess up my eclipse to the point where I decided to reinstall it from scratch, because I've built 30 version of AJDT (or so it claimed when I tried running it) inside 31 - ant builds reported no errors...

* I've seen bogus compile errors a few times - bin/ directories in AJ projects were empty after a build and the dependent projects were complaining. Cleaning all projects (+full build) fixed this. I think this happened just after I upgraded from ajdt_1.2.0.20050308091611 to locally built ajdt_1.2.0.DEVELOPMENT

To sum up - it was pretty smooth, most problems arised because I was not paying enough attention ;-)

Thanks for tips / FAQ updates1

Rafal

Back to the top