Re: [ajdt-dev] Eclipse 3.0 and AJDT Problem

Hi Rajit,

You may have extracted the zip into the wrong directory.  Your directory structure should be as follows:

eclipse-install-directory         - this will be whatever directory you installed eclipse to.

        -> eclipse

                -> configuration
                -> features
                -> plugins
                -> workspace
                -> ...

If AJDT has been installed correctly you will see folders such as "org.eclipse.ajdt.core..." and "org.aspectj.ajde..." (and others) in the plugins directory.  You can also check this inside the Eclipse workbench.  See the AJDT user guide for this, and other information about installing AJDT:

AJDT user guide for AJDT 1.1.12:         http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT1.1src/org.eclipse.ajdt/doc/AJDTug/ajdt-doc.htm?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html
Verifying the install:                         http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT1.1src/org.eclipse.ajdt/doc/AJDTug/ajdt-installation.htm#_Is_Everything_OK?

As an aside is there a particular reason why you are using 1.1.11?  1.1.12 is the latest stable release and contains a number of bug fixes and new features.  1.2.0 M1 is the latest milestone build.

Hope this helps,

Sian

"Rajit Suggula Srinivas Kumar" <rajits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/11/2004 10:58

Please respond to
ajdt-dev

<ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ajdt-dev] Eclipse 3.0 and AJDT Problem

Hi
I installed Eclipse 3.0 and extracted AJDT 1.1.11 into the eclipse folder. But I dont seem to find the AspectJ Project or anything related to AspectJ plug-in. I dont think the plug-in is loaded. How do i make sure it is loaded or please let me konw if i'm missing anything in the process.

Appreciate for any help,
Thanks,

Rajit

Back to the top