[ajdt-dev] silent failures, debug/logging mode?

My AJDT builds were failing silently. My .lst files were correct, but the build failed because the source files were not in source directories (e.g., try converting the AspectJ docs directory to an AspectJ project and building the examples). I didn't think AJDE imposed any constraints on (unedited) .lst files.

How are .lst files constrained?
- source files anywhere?  classpath? aspectpath?
- able to use *.java forms?
- support compiler options?

Are there plans to avoid silent failures? It would be nice to beef up the logging and support a debug mode, esp. if using AspectJ. Perhaps AJDE could use an API for IDE's to set a logger delegate.

Thanks -
Wes

Back to the top