[ajdt-dev] Re: Preparing for AJDT 1.1.3 release - status

Adrian,

I think this fix will address the problems that James Howe reported on the
newsgroup about missing class files, but I don't think it will fix the ones
reported by Chad Woolley.  In Chad's case, the class files are not even
generated on the file system - not just lacking a refresh.  In his
scenario, he has the "Supress automatic builds for AspectJ projects" turned
on, which I think would disable incremental no matter what the
"incremental" setting on the project (true?).  In fact, even with
incremental off, he can't seem to generate class files for certain
projects.  Just to let you know there's still an open problem here...  I'm
not sure how to proceed on that one since I can't reproduce it, and he can
only reproduce it in certain cases (in a cloned Eclipse install on a new
machine, *some* of the projects still have this problem).

Julie
AJDT Development

> I've fixed bugs 37033, 37037, 37762. Following some investigation from Ju
=
> lie, I was also able to commit a fix for the missing class files after an
=
>  incremental compile. In doing this I uncovered a serious flaw in AJDTs s
=
> upport for incremental which is now fixed - hopefully this will make incr
=
> emental a much better experience.
>
> <detail>
> We were missing a call to IResource.refreshLocal(..) [that's the api you
=
> were hunting for Julie] on the project directory after a compile. This wa
=
> s compounded by the more serious problem that we were always reporting th
=
> at in incremental compile had finished (rather than waiting for it to act
=
> ually complete) - thus there was a race between the compile finishing and
=
>  the post-compilation actions taking place. With this fixed, incremental
=
> mode feels more stable and predictable again.
> </detail>
> [...]

Back to the top