Re: [4diac-dev] Exported functionblock files and CMakeLists.txt

On 17.06.20 20:11, Ernst Blecha wrote:
The attached file is almost a drop-in-and-forget CMakeList.txt. It takes
the directory name as a module name, and adds all .cpp and .h files for
compilation. There are still some rough edges (e.g. the description
field does not get updated when the file-list changes, automatic
regeneration of cmake-files might be problematic,...)

Now i wonder: Has anyone come up with a better solution? Is anybody
interested in such a solution? Does this break with someones setup?

There is a contribution in the pipeline at our end that can manage the entire build process. We use something very similar for this particular aspect of the build process.

In my experience, such a generic CMakeFile is not usable as-is, since many modules will have special build dependencies (libraries etc.). For that reason, I prefer a slightly simpler variant that does not autodetect the module name, simply for the reason that less code makes the CMakeLists file easier to customize.

Regards,
--
Dipl.-Inform. Jörg Walter
Senior Researcher

OFFIS e.V. - Institut für Informatik
FuE Bereich Produktion | R&D Division Manufacturing
Escherweg 2, 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-729 / -282
E-Mail: joerg.walter@xxxxxxxx

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Oldenburg VR 1956
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Sebastian Lehnhoff (Vorsitzender),
    Prof. Dr. techn. Susanne Boll-Westermann, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Axel Hahn,
    Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Hein, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang H. Nebel

Back to the top