Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Anaconda?
Anaconda? [message #1860431] Fri, 04 August 2023 13:11 Go to next message
Connor Evans is currently offline Connor EvansFriend
Need some advice here. I've been using Anaconda for Python/R projects, and it's been awesome so far. But I'm wondering, do you think it's worth exploring Poetry or Pipenv for package management? Any insights or experiences?
Re: Anaconda? [message #1860455 is a reply to message #1860431] Mon, 07 August 2023 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zachary Price is currently offline Zachary PriceFriend
Both Poetry and Pipenv are popular and modern package management tools in the Python ecosystem, and they offer advantages over traditional methods of managing dependencies.
Re: Anaconda? [message #1860493 is a reply to message #1860455] Wed, 09 August 2023 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Beasley is currently offline Will BeasleyFriend
I've been using Anaconda for a few weeks and started to seek something similar but simple enough to use.
I started to use Docker, which is more suitable for my needs. But now I have struggles with uninstalling Anaconda from my Mac; has anyone experienced something similar?
Re: Anaconda? [message #1860499 is a reply to message #1860493] Thu, 10 August 2023 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Connor Evans is currently offline Connor EvansFriend
Will Beasley wrote on Wed, 09 August 2023 22:31
I've been using Anaconda for a few weeks and started to seek something similar but simple enough to use.
I started to use Docker, which is more suitable for my needs. But now I have struggles with uninstalling Anaconda from my Mac; has anyone experienced something similar?

I've tried Docker once but didn't like it.
I've started using Poetry, and I think I'm going to stick with it. Now I have the same problem: how to fully uninstall it on my Mac? There seem to be a lot of files left after deleting it from Trash.
Re: Anaconda? [message #1860510 is a reply to message #1860499] Thu, 10 August 2023 23:10 Go to previous message
Kabiru Usman is currently offline Kabiru UsmanFriend
Good move switching to Poetry. I've found it to be a breeze for my projects too.
Regarding uninstalling Anaconda, if you're feeling a bit adventurous and want to get your hands dirty with the terminal, here's what I tried:

conda install anaconda-clean anaconda-clean

Also, there's an easier route. I discovered CleanMyMac X during one of my software cleanup quests, and it was a lifesaver! It just simplifies the whole process, making sure Anaconda is fully removed without leaving any junk behind. In this guide from https://setapp.com/how-to/uninstall-anaconda-on-mac, you will find detailed steps on how to do it.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2023 14:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Which Eclipse (to install) for Python?
Next Topic:Multiple makefile errrors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 22:35:41 GMT 2024