Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » ATL 4.8.0 released
ATL 4.8.0 released [message #1859756] Mon, 26 June 2023 06:43 Go to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

ATL 4.8.0 just got released! This minor release fixes bugs, adds features, and ensures compatibility with Eclipse 2023-09. Included features/bugfixes:

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: ATL 4.8.0 released [message #1859760 is a reply to message #1859756] Mon, 26 June 2023 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kabiru Usman is currently offline Kabiru UsmanFriend
That's awesome news! I've been waiting for the recursive matching rules feature and it's great to see it finally added in ATL 4.8.0. Also, keeping up with the latest Eclipse version is a great move. I'm keen to see how local search plans enhance my workflow.

Just curious - any roadmap or plans you could share about future updates or improvements that are being worked on for ATL?
Re: ATL 4.8.0 released [message #1859804 is a reply to message #1859760] Tue, 27 June 2023 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

At this moment there's no official roadmap on what makes it into the coming ATL releases, because there is no dedicated budget flowing into ATL development. All work on ATL now happens on a voluntary basis, and there's no guarantee whether or when a certain feature will land in a release. For example, I started experimenting off and on with a local search plan compiler for ATL/EMFTVM in 2015, but only managed to get it to work eight years later in 2023! Compare that to the fact that the entire first version of EMFTVM got built over the course of 4 months in 2011! That's the difference that dedicated time and funding can make. Of course, anyone is welcome to contribute to ATL, just as I was welcome to do so when I started using ATL back in 2004.

As for the recursive matching feature: I had experienced how recursive matching in SimpleGT was a performance nightmare until I implemented local search plans. I therefore postponed it for ATL until I had local search plans working there as well. However, ATL is different, and recursive matching can be used perfectly fine without having to match many source elements.

Finally, I wrote some documentation on how to actually use the new features:

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: ATL 4.8.0 released [message #1860619 is a reply to message #1859804] Tue, 22 August 2023 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Interesting improvement indeed!
I had a pattern that can manged transformation rules based on a couple of elements but it works only with lazy rules and it's quite cumbersome compared to the compact syntax this new version offers. Local search plans are also very useful.

Many thanks.

Yves
Re: ATL 4.8.0 released [message #1862883 is a reply to message #1860619] Thu, 04 January 2024 07:34 Go to previous message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
It looks like v4.9 has been released! :-)

Yves
Previous Topic:Applying Profiles in ATL: applyStereotype and applyProfile
Next Topic:How do I get the runtime of a model transformation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 22:36:49 GMT 2024