Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula doesnt record my Project(Error or Log file)
Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1503521] Mon, 08 December 2014 14:43 Go to next message
Sergej Ritter is currently offline Sergej RitterFriend
Hello, I had test Jubula on a Swing projekt. It is work without problems.

And i will test my second project now. But it doesn't work. (the Record doesn't work)
I don't know why. And I want to know, if Jubula had a Log file where can see the Problems or something like that.

I hope you understand my Problem. Very Happy
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1504587 is a reply to message #1503521] Tue, 09 December 2014 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Sergej,

Thanks for your question. What kind of application are you trying to test (toolkit, platform, any other details)?

Can you perform object mapping and execute tests when you specify tests by hand? (If you don't know how to do this, do the cheat sheets from "Help - Cheat Sheets").

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1504622 is a reply to message #1503521] Tue, 09 December 2014 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joost Andrae is currently offline Joost AndraeFriend
Hi Sergej,

you can find Jubula log files in your home dir within the .jubula/logs directory.

On Windows it's c:\user\your user\.jubula\logs

Kind regards, Joost
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1505823 is a reply to message #1504587] Wed, 10 December 2014 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
thank you for the fast answers.

@Alexandra Schladebeck
It is a Swing application without other elements, just swing.

I upload a part of the Log file. What is wrong?
  • Attachment: tmp.txt
    (Size: 30.39KB, Downloaded 170 times)
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1505907 is a reply to message #1505823] Wed, 10 December 2014 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sergej,

a quick look at the log leads me to believe that some of the actions you were wanting to record were on charts, and that the framework you are using might be deriving components from standard components.

Can you check whether you can object map and address the components when writing a test by hand?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1505922 is a reply to message #1505907] Wed, 10 December 2014 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra,

I had try to MAP the objects. It had work just on 3 Objects, a Label, MenuItem and Tab Item. Other Objects doesnt work.

In a Test i create by hand i can use just this Elements... Other Elements i cant select by the object mapping and cant record.
Re: Jubula doesnt record my Project [message #1507117 is a reply to message #1505922] Thu, 11 December 2014 10:27 Go to previous message
Hi Sergej,

Then it sounds like my assumption above was right - that many of the components your AUT uses are custom components. Can you check with the developers whether they are derived components, and if so, whether they inherit from standard components. You can also ask which components are custom components.

For components that are not yet supported, you have a few options: you can write extensions yourself or you can have the Jubula team write them for you. For the second option, it's best to contact us via the testing portal http://testing.bredex.de so we can talk about what would have to be done.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Object Mapping in AUT "application_aut" for this node is incomplete
Next Topic:Jubula export not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 13:23:14 GMT 2024