Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Problems opening a persisted extension of Diagram
Problems opening a persisted extension of Diagram [message #108941] Mon, 05 March 2007 16:33
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: NOSPAM.xyz.com

Hello everybody,
I am experimenting with an extension of the notational model, namely of
Diagram.
I added a few new attributes and slightly changed the way it is represented
visually.
The new stuff (finally!) works all right and the notational model seems to
be saved
correctly. I mean the new attributes are all there, the nesting of xml
elements is fine,
the parent - child relationships etc..
The problems start when I try to reopen a saved model. The first exception
complains that

detailMessage= "Package with uri 'www.experimental.org' not found.
(platform:/resource/OLE/default6.device_diagram, 2, 369)"

where www.experimental.org is the URI from the ecore model with the
extension of Diagram.

Any advice how to address such situation? By plain intuition I suspect that
would need
to override something in the DocumentProvider, but what? I could not find
there any
reference to the actual type of the top notational model container.
Below is the relevant part of the stack trace.
Cheers

Thread [main] (Suspended)
DiagramIOUtil$FileLoader.load(TransactionalEditingDomain, Map,
IProgressMonitor) line: 85
DiagramIOUtil.load(TransactionalEditingDomain, DiagramIOUtil$ILoader,
boolean, IProgressMonitor) line: 160
DiagramIOUtil.load(TransactionalEditingDomain, IStorage, boolean,
IProgressMonitor) line: 145
DeviceDocumentProvider.setDocumentContentFromStorage(IDocume nt, IStorage)
line: 160
DeviceDocumentProvider(StorageDocumentProvider).setDocumentC ontent(IDocument,IEditorInput) line: 152 DeviceDocumentProvider.setDocumentContent(IDocument, IEditorInput) line:149 DeviceDocumentProvider(StorageDocumentProvider).createDocume nt(Object)line: 76 DeviceDocumentProvider.createElementInfo(Object) line: 104 DeviceDocumentProvider(AbstractDocumentProvider).connect(Obj ect) line: 387 DeviceDiagramEditor(DiagramDocumentEditor).doSetInput(IEdito rInput,boolean) line: 426 DeviceDiagramEditor(DiagramDocumentEditor).setInput(IEditorI nput) line: 389 DeviceDiagramEditor(GraphicalEditor).init(IEditorSite, IEditorInput) line:318 DeviceDiagramEditor(DiagramEditor).init(IEditorSite, IEditorInput) line:638 DeviceDiagramEditor(DiagramDocumentEditor).init(IEditorSite, IEditorInput)line: 116 EditorManager.createSite(IEditorReference, IEditorPart, EditorDescriptor,IEditorInput) line: 840 EditorReference.createPartHelper() line: 583 EditorReference.createPart() line: 372 EditorReference(WorkbenchPartReference).getPart(boolean) line: 566 EditorPane(PartPane).setVisible(boolean) line: 290 PresentablePart.setVisible(boolean) line: 140 PresentablePartFolder.select(IPresentablePart) line: 268 LeftToRightTabOrder.select(IPresentablePart) line: 65 TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(IPresentablePart) line: 394 EditorStack(PartStack).refreshPresentationSelection() line: 1144 EditorStack(PartStack).setSelection(LayoutPart) line: 1097 EditorStack(PartStack).showPart(LayoutPart, Object) line: 1311 EditorStack(PartStack).add(LayoutPart, Object) line: 455 EditorStack.add(LayoutPart, Object) line: 102 EditorStack(PartStack).add(LayoutPart) line: 441 EditorStack.add(LayoutPart) line: 111 EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorPane, EditorStack) line: 60 EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorPane, EditorStack) line: 217 EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorReference, String) line: 207 EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorReference, String) line: 820 EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorDescriptor, IEditorInput)line: 719 EditorManager.openEditor(String, IEditorInput, boolean) line: 680 WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(IEditorInput, String, boolean, int)line: 2593 WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(IEditorInput, String, boolean, int) line: 2528 WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage, IEditorInput, String, boolean, int)line: 2520 WorkbenchPage$9.run() line: 2505 BusyIndicator.showWhile(Display, Runnable) line: 67 WorkbenchPage.openEditor(IEditorInput, String, boolean, int) line: 2500 WorkbenchPage.openEditor(IEditorInput, String, boolean) line: 2485 IDE.openEditor(IWorkbenchPage, IFile, boolean, boolean) line: 388 IDE.openEditor(IWorkbenchPage, IFile, boolean) line: 350
Previous Topic:How should I approach this problem?
Next Topic:How to modify key bindings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 10:26:08 GMT 2024