Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Stop run application
Stop run application [message #296518] Fri, 23 December 2005 09:36 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: diego.campillo.gmail.com

When I run my Java Application, I use the option Run -> Run As -> Java
Application, or too Alt+Shift+X, J, but when I need stop the run of my
Java Application I don't know.

How could I stop the run of my Java Application?

Thank you.
Re: Stop run application [message #296520 is a reply to message #296518] Fri, 23 December 2005 10:23 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: automatic.javalobby.org

There's a couple of ways you can do it.

In the Console window, you can see your Java program running. (It will show 'terminated' at the front if it's no longer running.) There's a red X mark that can be used to terminate the application.

Alternatively, if you open up the Debug view (or go to the Debug perspective), you'll see all of the Java programs running; you can select which one you want and terminate it individually.

The Console can actually show historical runs of your application (you can switch between them with the drop-down arrow towards the right of the view) and it can get confusing if you're trying to debug an apparent Null Pointer Exception that you fixed hours ago. Therefore, I'd recommend selecting the 'Remove all terminated launches' checkbox when you run a new Java application; that way, you'll have the most recent finished Jvaa program visible in the Console.

Alex.
Previous Topic:Saving some stuff concerning view
Next Topic:How to extend JavaProjectWizard?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 18:41:54 GMT 2024