Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Modular W3C schema files in the XML editor
Modular W3C schema files in the XML editor [message #155877] Wed, 11 January 2006 14:34 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I've been experimenting with loading modular xml schema into the Eclipse xml editor used in WTP 1.0, where a top level schema loads other schema using the xs:include statement.

If I load the top level schema file, elements defined in the schema files, that are included into the top level schema file, do not show up at the top level. The included elements are not visible in the outline view, and any document containing these elements will not validate against the top level schema file that contains the "include" statements. In the "graph" view, though, the included elements are listed.

If I remove the "include" statements and insert all of the elements defined in the included schema files into the top level schema file, then the elements show up, and validation works.

If I set up a modular set of files using DTD, in which a top level DTD file calls other DTD files via entity declarations, then all elements defined in the modular DTD files are available and validation works.

Is this a limitation of the current WTP XSD support?

Thanks,
Tom Ed White
Re: Modular W3C schema files in the XML editor [message #155904 is a reply to message #155877] Wed, 11 January 2006 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig Salter is currently offline Craig SalterFriend
Tom, your best bet to track this down would be to open a bug an attach
your example files.

craig
Re: Modular W3C schema files in the XML editor [message #156237 is a reply to message #155904] Fri, 13 January 2006 03:28 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I now think that the problem is support for "redefine" instead of "include", and this is already covered in a bug.

Thanks,
Tom Ed

At Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:47:32 +0000 (UTC),
craig wrote:
>
> Tom, your best bet to track this down would be to open a bug an attach
> your example files.
>
> craig
>
Previous Topic:Problem to publish EJB to Weblogic
Next Topic:Opportunity for Early Testers: a test update site is available