Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » What is a better dev setup instead of xampp?(dev setup)
What is a better dev setup instead of xampp? [message #1860395] Thu, 03 August 2023 05:24 Go to next message
Cassado Robert is currently offline Cassado RobertFriend
In the past, I always used xampp to set up a web server to develop my PHP projects. Xampp is not used in a work environment so I wanted to use something else like Docker.

I can't find a good guide with best practices to setup a PHP development through Docker with Apache (or should I go with Ngix?), PHP, MySql (or should I use a different DB?), composer, phpunit, git, xdebug and be able to use Visual Studio Code on Windows to develop. (also, am I missing something?). I would mostly use WordPress/Laravel/Drupal but I also want to make plain PHP/vue.js sites without frameworks
Re: What is a better dev setup instead of xampp? [message #1860456 is a reply to message #1860395] Mon, 07 August 2023 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cassado Robert is currently offline Cassado RobertFriend
[quote title=Cassado Robert wrote on Thu, 03 August 2023 05:24]In the past, I always used xampp to set up a web server to develop my PHP projects. Xampp is not used in a work environment so I wanted to use something else like Docker.

I can't find a good guide with best practices to setup a PHP development through Docker with Apache (or should I go with Ngix?), PHP, MySql (or should I use a different DB?), composer, phpunit, git, xdebug and be able to use my lowes life Visual Studio Code on Windows to develop. (also, am I missing something?). I would mostly use WordPress/Laravel/Drupal but I also want to make plain PHP/vue.js sites without frameworks /quote]

Could someone answer this please?
Re: What is a better dev setup instead of xampp? [message #1861286 is a reply to message #1860395] Wed, 04 October 2023 05:12 Go to previous message
steve diaz is currently offline steve diazFriend
Hello

Check below steps-

1. Install Docker and Docker Compose on Windows.
2. Create a docker-compose.yml file in your project.
3. Use PHP Apache or Nginx containers, MySQL for databases, and PHPMyAdmin for management.
4. Set up Xdebug, PHP extensions, and Apache/Nginx configurations inside your PHP container.
5. Install Visual Studio Code with the "Remote - Containers" extension.
6. Open your project in VS Code and work within the Docker container.
7. Manage dependencies with Composer and run PHPUnit tests within their respective containers.
8. Customize configurations for specific frameworks like Laravel.
9. Develop WordPress, Laravel, Drupal, or plain PHP/Vue.js projects.

This setup provides a versatile Docker-based development environment for PHP projects on Windows.

Thank you
Golang Course
Previous Topic:Initializing PHP Tooling
Next Topic:Unable To Resolve Import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:04:24 GMT 2024