Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Dual License (EPL/AGPL) request
Dual License (EPL/AGPL) request [message #1858946] Tue, 02 May 2023 17:10 Go to next message
Mirko Raner is currently offline Mirko RanerFriend
Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, so please let me know if there is a better place for this request.

I'm working on an (as yet undistributed) open-source project that is written in Xtend, which means that there are several EPL-licensed runtime libraries that this project needs. Also, a key library, for which no alternative is readily available, is licensed under AGPL. My understanding is that this forces the final product to be AGPL-licensed as well, which clashes with the EPL-based libraries that it incorporates.
As I understand it, EPL2 has an option for a secondary license. What would be involved in petitioning for certain EPL libraries to offer AGPL as a secondary license?

Thanks,

Mirko
Re: Dual License (EPL/AGPL) request [message #1858950 is a reply to message #1858946] Tue, 02 May 2023 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
I'll engage on https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/issues/2590
Re: Dual License (EPL/AGPL) request [message #1861321 is a reply to message #1858950] Thu, 05 October 2023 12:18 Go to previous message
Jack Jones is currently offline Jack JonesFriend
The EPL itself does not mandate or dictate which secondary licenses libraries can or should adopt, so it's up to the individual library maintainers to make such decisions.
Previous Topic:I/O exception (org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException) caught when processing request to {}->htt
Next Topic:Update Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:27:51 GMT 2024