Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » OSGi Enterprise Tools » Help with understanding OSGi
Help with understanding OSGi [message #1857878] Fri, 03 March 2023 10:01 Go to next message
kriti ment is currently offline kriti mentFriend
Background: I'm a intermediate level .NET dev (familiar with .NET MVC, WebAPI, WebForms, various IoC/DI containers, and .NET solution structure. Recently I changed jobs to a Java shop. I'll primarily be doing front-end work, and my new team knows I'm a Java noob...but I'd still like to understand what's happening on the server. I'm comfortable with the language, just not with the tooling, solution structure or application life-cycle management...

The biggest hurdle right now is OSGi. What does OSGi do in the context of a web application? At first (probably due to the use of the word 'container') I thought it was an inversion of control container... but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can somebody give me a .NET equivalent (if there is one) or barring that, a high level explanation how it fits in with deployment and application life cycle?

Thanks Java wizards!
Re: Help with understanding OSGi [message #1861414 is a reply to message #1857878] Wed, 11 October 2023 18:20 Go to previous message
Jack Jones is currently offline Jack JonesFriend
In the context of web applications, OSGi doesn't directly map to a specific .NET technology, but you can think of it as having some similarities to .NET Core's modular architecture.
Previous Topic:Kura bundles Start Levels
Next Topic:Installing with p2 director application with credentials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 15:54:05 GMT 2024