Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » New Dynamic Web Project doesn't run(Trouble settting up default project)
New Dynamic Web Project doesn't run [message #1855964] Sat, 12 November 2022 08:51 Go to next message
Mark McKay is currently offline Mark McKayFriend
I used to work on writing sevlets, but haven't touched them in a long time. I wanted to see if I could create one in Eclipse, so I updated to the latest version of Eclipse

Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers (includes Incubating components)

Version: 2022-09 (4.25.0)
Build id: 20220908-1902

I then created a new Dynamic Web Project with default settings and also configured Eclipse to use my Tomcat 10 webserver. I can start and stop Tomcat in the Servers window. However, I am unable to run my web project. When I run the project and enter the URL for my servlet, I get a class not found exception, even though my servet class is definitely there.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.kitfox.textGame.GameBrowser
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1449)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1257)
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:542)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)

How do I set up a web project on Eclipse for servlets? Most of the info a webserach turns up is more than 10 years old.
Re: New Dynamic Web Project doesn't run [message #1855965 is a reply to message #1855964] Sat, 12 November 2022 14:43 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

How do you know your servlet class is definitely there? Tomcat 10 switched to Jakarta EE, so did you correct the errors the compiler should have told you about? Are there Problems shown for your servlet's source file?

Your topic also says the project doesn't run when it sounds like it actually does, but that a servlet in it is not available for unknown reasons.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sat, 12 November 2022 22:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Java Dynamic Web Project CSS File Can't't Update
Next Topic:Do Eclipse IDE have support to java code completion into jsf tag value?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:10:43 GMT 2024