Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » How to configure Eclipse for tag auto- completion?
How to configure Eclipse for tag auto- completion? [message #1853848] Tue, 19 July 2022 16:28 Go to next message
Aleksey Eclipse is currently offline Aleksey EclipseFriend
Eclipse can't autocomplete html tag: I wrote div + space, and I can't get <div></div> .

I installed plugins Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development and Eclipse Web developer tools and even completely changed verison IDE to Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers - it doesn't work.

How to set up Eclipse so I can develop for the web?

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2022 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to configure Eclipse for tag auto- completion? [message #1853853 is a reply to message #1853848] Tue, 19 July 2022 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In which editor are you opening the file? Which version of HTML does your file content say it's for?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How to configure Eclipse for tag auto- completion? [message #1853901 is a reply to message #1853853] Thu, 21 July 2022 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figured out that to auto-suggest html- tags, I need to type the '<' character.

I'm most interested in the features of the content assist: how to set attributes for tags is still not clear. For example, how to quickly type this construction:
<button class='buttonColor buttonShape', id='simpleButton'>Press me!</button>

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2022 17:29]

Re: How to configure Eclipse for tag auto- completion? [message #1853911 is a reply to message #1853901] Fri, 22 July 2022 08:37 Go to previous message
The issue was fully resolved by installing the Emmet extension.

Now I can write abbreviated constructions (Emmet syntax), then press Tab key and get a detailed version. For example:
#page>div.login+ul#navigation>li*5>a{}

<div id="page">
	<div class="login"></div>
	<ul id="navigation">
		<li><a href=""></a></li>
		<li><a href=""></a></li>
		<li><a href=""></a></li>
		<li><a href=""></a></li>
		<li><a href=""></a></li>
	</ul>
</div>

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2022 08:52]

Previous Topic:JSP error - The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the Java Buil
Next Topic:Mitigate duplicate URL mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 09:38:07 GMT 2024