Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects(Latest Eclipse no longer creating WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects)
WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects [message #1842328] Wed, 16 June 2021 14:27 Go to next message
Bruno Melloni is currently offline Bruno MelloniFriend
I recently switched to the latest Eclipse (2021-03) and noticed that Dynamic Web Projects no longer create the traditional Eclipse project structure. Instead they seem to be creating a Maven project structure.

That is perfect if you are migrating to the new Maven / Spring Boot / Docker / Kubernetes world. But it is a problem if your circumstances require you to stick to the old way of doing things.

But I also noticed that imported projects retain their original structure and work perfectly. So, I strongly suspect that there is a configuration item I can change to make new Dynamic Web Projects get generated using the old structure.

How do I reconfigure Eclipse to default Dynamic Web Projects to the old structure that contains the WebContent folder?
Re: WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects [message #1842344 is a reply to message #1842328] Wed, 16 June 2021 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The New Dynamic Web Project wizard asks you what path to use for that folder. 2021-03 and newer just have a different default of src/main/webapp.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2021 19:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects [message #1842345 is a reply to message #1842344] Wed, 16 June 2021 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno Melloni is currently offline Bruno MelloniFriend
Thank you, that did the trick. I found the option in the last panel when you hit Next instead of Finish.
Re: WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects [message #1844923 is a reply to message #1842328] Wed, 29 September 2021 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thulina Wickramasinghe is currently offline Thulina WickramasingheFriend
Can you please tell me where should I place the servlets in the new folder structure. I'm totally new to java web development. The reference video I'm following is using an older version of the IDE.
Re: WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects [message #1844929 is a reply to message #1844923] Wed, 29 September 2021 22:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You'd put them in the Java source folder, which defaults to src/main/java in new web projects. If you'd rather use the old values consistent with the materials you're following, go through the pages of the wizard and fill in those paths.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2021 22:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems using the JSON editor validator
Next Topic:Do I need Eclipse Web Developer Tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:44:54 GMT 2024