Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Problems using the JSON editor validator(Incorrect / incomplete validation)
Problems using the JSON editor validator [message #1841135] Tue, 04 May 2021 14:52 Go to next message
Steve Hanson is currently offline Steve HansonFriend
I am using Eclipse Web Tools Platform, Eclipse JSON Editors and Tools, 1.0.300, v201904210526. I can find no public documentation for the JSON editor. Specifically, I am having problems using the Validate feature. I can get Validate working by adding a File Match and a Schema to the JSON Catalog and enabling validation via JSON Files->Validation. But the behaviour is not as expected and it just seems buggy. Sometimes Validate action detects validation errors, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the errors are flagged on the wrong lines. Sometimes the error markers do not go away. Not all errors are detected. The whole thing feels like a tech preview that was never finished. Please can somebody from the project provide the status of the WST JSON editor and its validator.
Re: Problems using the JSON editor validator [message #1844555 is a reply to message #1841135] Thu, 16 September 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thibault Chevet is currently offline Thibault ChevetFriend
Hello Steve,

I am facing exactly the same issue.

I have tried with different version of Eclipse and different behaviours occured : automatic revalidation, validation after save, while writing or just nothing...

It also seemed that only "required", "type" and "minItems" for an array were actually controlled.... but no "exclusiveMinimum", "minLength" for example....
And of course, not always on the good line.

Did you find any solution in order to have a proper validation in eclipse (xsd style) or get any answer ?
Re: Problems using the JSON editor validator [message #1844558 is a reply to message #1841135] Thu, 16 September 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thibault Chevet is currently offline Thibault ChevetFriend
Hello Steve,

I am facing exactly the same issue.

Did you find any answer, solution or workaround for it ?

Dood day

Re: Problems using the JSON editor validator [message #1844702 is a reply to message #1844558] Wed, 22 September 2021 09:44 Go to previous message
Steve Hanson is currently offline Steve HansonFriend
Sorry Thibault, nobody from WST ever responded. We just tell our users not to use the feature.

Regards
Steve
Previous Topic:XSLT transform in WTP creates unterminated element
Next Topic:WebContent folder for Dynamic Web Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:05:05 GMT 2024