Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » XSD based content assist missing for XML files
XSD based content assist missing for XML files [message #1834137] Tue, 03 November 2020 15:36 Go to next message
Martina Riehm is currently offline Martina RiehmFriend
Hi,

I have been using the XML Editor of WTP (probably) for quite a while and it used to be really useful. However recently (probably since 2020-06) it does not provider xsd based content assist anymore. The XML file references a publicly available XSD file and both validation (via context menu) as well as error highlighting of the editor are able to use it, but content assist (by CTRL-Space) only shows the standard entries for comments and processing instructions.

Any idea why this happens and how I can fix it?
Re: XSD based content assist missing for XML files [message #1834138 is a reply to message #1834137] Tue, 03 November 2020 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Do you have an example file that can reproduce this?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: XSD based content assist missing for XML files [message #1834139 is a reply to message #1834138] Tue, 03 November 2020 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martina Riehm is currently offline Martina RiehmFriend
Thanks for the quick reply. After some further searching I found the reason. Maybe it is also relevant for others:

I had an XML Catalog entry defined and the file it referred to had been moved, so it couldn't be found anymore. After fixing the Catalog definition in Preferences content assist worked again.

It would be good if some error message would show up for such a case, for example in the Error Log. Then it is easier to fix. The Catalog entry in Preferences was marked, but you need to know that you should look there.
Re: XSD based content assist missing for XML files [message #1834204 is a reply to message #1834139] Wed, 04 November 2020 20:21 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Could you open an enhancement request at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Source%20Editing&component=wst.xml for this idea, so it's not lost?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 04 November 2020 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Do I need to install WildWebDeveloper on top of WTP?
Next Topic:ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined, after installiing the angular plugin of Codemix?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 06:51:16 GMT 2024