Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Cannot start Tomcat v8.0(Setting up server for Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers reports configuration error)
Cannot start Tomcat v8.0 [message #1833366] Sun, 11 October 2020 15:02 Go to next message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
I am running Ubuntu 20.04.1.

I installed Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers, version: 2020-09 (4.17.0), build 20200910-1200. I then added a project. Then in the workspace - Eclipse IDE window, there are several windows., The lower window has tabs:

Markers Properties Server 'Data Source Explorer' Snippets Console

Under the Server tab is the line:

No servers are available. Click this link to create a new server.

I click the link and a New Server window pops up. Under Select the Server Type, I select Apache and a number of Apache versions appear. I'm using Tomcat 8.0.53, so I select Tomcat v8.0 Server. As soon as I highlite this choice, an error message appears at the top of the window with the message:

Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at /usr/share/tomcat/conf. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.

I have tomcat 8 installed at /usr/share/apache-tomcat-8.0.53 and I have a symbolic link from /usr/share/tomcat to this directory. I also have a symbolic link from /usr/share/tomcat8 to the same directory. The apache-tomcat-8.0.53 directory is where tomcat8 is installed. When I first got the message, I removed tomcat 8 and re-installed to be sure it was not corrupted. I still get the same error message.

BTW, on the 'Define A New Server' page, I also tried to create the 'Basic HTTP Server' but this option did not work either. I am not looking to fix that problem, but I thought I would mention it. Bottom line is that I can not get a server to run in this version of Eclipose.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 October 2020 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot start Tomcat v8.0 [message #1833376 is a reply to message #1833366] Mon, 12 October 2020 00:32 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Did it skip over asking where your copy Tomcat was?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:No syntax highlighting for JS files
Next Topic:key bindings warnings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 08:49:20 GMT 2024