Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » New Composer Project -> Configure PHP Executable(Error Message: Unable to run Composer)
New Composer Project -> Configure PHP Executable [message #1824385] Tue, 14 April 2020 16:36 Go to next message
Nicolas H is currently offline Nicolas HFriend
Hi

I'm new to the PDT Environment. It tried to create a Composer project. But it does not work. Anytime i get the following Error Message:

Unable to run Composer.
Reason:
No PHP executable configured.
You need to configure a php executable in your preferences in order for the composer plugin to be able to run composer.

How do i solve this issue? And why does this message appear?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Re: New Composer Project -> Configure PHP Executable [message #1828284 is a reply to message #1824385] Fri, 05 June 2020 16:17 Go to previous message
Gareth Nolan is currently offline Gareth NolanFriend
Hi,
I'm fairly new to using Eclipse with PHP, and had a similar issue. It was really easy to sort out in the end. Composer just needs to know where your php application lives so it can open it:

Go to Window | Preferences | PHP | Installed PHPs

From there you can choose to Add...

Give it a name (I just called it "Default PHP").

The important bit - for the Executable path, browse to where your php application is installed (eg if using xampp on windows it may be in C://xampp/php), it should be called php.exe (ie an application file type).

The .ini file filled itself in for me when I got to this point. From there just click Finish, and you can then leave(or set) the default debugger as Zend.

That's it, you should be done! You can now try what you were trying before and it should work.
Previous Topic:Composer Vendor Folder being removed
Next Topic:htaccess files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:19:09 GMT 2024