Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Inconsistent workspace state with declare parents
Inconsistent workspace state with declare parents [message #1822220] Mon, 02 March 2020 03:01
Hương Vũ is currently offline Hương VũFriend
I'm using declare parents to insert base classes at the top of a class hierarchy. I'm then getting inconsistent results as to whether the methods in those base classes are actually visible to subclasses a couple of layers down the inheritance tree. The end result is that for some, but not all, inserted parent classes:

* I get an undefined method error decoration in the AJ editor wherever I call one of the new methods on a derived class
* Verbose ajbuilder compiler messages show the same undefined method error
* The Problems view shows the same undefined method error

However:

* The expected inheritance hierarchy exists in the generated class files
* The outline quick view (ctrl+O, ctrl+O) shows the method present as expected
* I can highlight one of the problem method calls marked with the red squiggly, and navigate to the method definition using F3
* Compilation in stages using ANT and iajc does work. I.e. I compile some of the sources to a jar, then compile the next set with that jar on the classpath.
* iajc compilation in one stage shows the similar (but slightly different) errors to ajbuilder

Previous Topic:How configure jsp editor....
Next Topic:XML Validation - how to exclude certain files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 08:06:09 GMT 2024