Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » After Maven build can not upload EAR to WebSphere Correctly(Eclipse read wrong context root of WAR files in the EAR)
After Maven build can not upload EAR to WebSphere Correctly [message #1816364] Mon, 28 October 2019 13:02
Eyal Goren is currently offline Eyal GorenFriend
Hi,

We have a Maven project that has a module of WAR, and a Module of EAR that contains it, after the Maven runs and the EAR is build, I can upload it directly to WebSphere, and it works.

But If I try to do it from Eclipse, after the Server is defined, Idefined in the project facet the type EAR, so when I want to add a resource, I can, but when I "open" the resource, I see twice the war.

When I check in the file looseconfig.xmi, I see that it contains-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.looseconfig:LooseArchive xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="<link>" xmlns:org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.looseconfig="commonarchive.looseconfig.xmi" uri="<ProjectLocation>" binariesPath="<ProjectLocation>" resourcesPath="<ProjectLocation>" archiveType="EAR">
<looseChildren uri="<ProjectName>Ear/target/<ProjectName>Ear/<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" binariesPath="C:/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0\<ProjectName>\<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" resourcesPath="C:/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0\<ProjectName>\<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" archiveType="WAR"/>
<looseChildren uri="<ProjectName>Web/target/<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" binariesPath="C:/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0\<ProjectName>\<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" resourcesPath="C:/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0\<ProjectName>\<ProjectName>Web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war" archiveType="WAR"/>
</org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.looseconfig:LooseArchive>

Looks like instead of detecting the WAR in the EAR, it detect the WARs on the Maven project.

Any idea what is wrong here?

Thanks
Eyal
Previous Topic:Error in HTTPS configuration for Jetty-9.4.14
Next Topic:Debug Wildfly Deployment will not interpolate custom mvn properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 21:35:53 GMT 2024