Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Is it possible to override VariableLabelProvider for varibles view
Is it possible to override VariableLabelProvider for varibles view [message #331604] Fri, 12 September 2008 13:47 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: automatic.javalobby.org

Hi,

We are building a plugin for a language like(php). We are facing a problem displaying a character variable correctly in the Variables view. i.e it displays ['a' (//u0061)] but should actually display ['a' (//u0061)] as in the case for java. It's not possible for us to change the character value, to display it correctly.

Please let us know if we can override the VariableLabelProvider#escapeSpecialChars() to display the values correctly. Or any other way to resolve this.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
dheer
Re: Is it possible to override VariableLabelProvider for varibles view [message #331741 is a reply to message #331604] Fri, 19 September 2008 06:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: automatic.javalobby.org

Currently we are using MyValue class which extends IValue and DebugElement class. Does overriding the getAdapter()and placing my custom LabelProvider for IElementLabelProvider.class help me to make the eclipse view use my custom label provider.

Trying the above didn't work though. Could some one please help me understand the usage of DebugElement.getAdapter(), or any pointers to it.

Thank you in advance.
dheer
Previous Topic:Action enablement into a Popup menu with submenus
Next Topic:How to enable / disable button on toolbar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 16:45:07 GMT 2024