Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problem with showing popup message in Custom Install Handler
Problem with showing popup message in Custom Install Handler [message #331017] Thu, 21 August 2008 09:50 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: automatic.javalobby.org

Hello All,

I am using Eclipse 3.3 for plug-in development. We have used Custom Install Handler to customize plug-in installation for our requirement. We wrote a InstallHandler with extending BaseInstallHandler class and override completeInstall() and completeUninstall() methods. But we want to display popup message to user during feature un-installation.

I have tried with MessageDialog.openInformation() in completeUninstall() method but it throws NullPointerException while executing getSystemImage() method of SWT class.

I have also tried with ErrorDialong.openError()in completeUninstall() method but it throws SWTException:Invalid Thread Access

When tried with PopupDialog it requires parent shell that is not there in InstallHandler code.

Please provide your valuable suggestion for implementation strategy.

Thanks & Regards,

-Hardik
Re: Problem with showing popup message in Custom Install Handler [message #331019 is a reply to message #331017] Thu, 21 August 2008 10:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: subs._nospam_consertum.com

reindheer wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using Eclipse 3.3 for plug-in development. We have used Custom Install Handler to customize plug-in installation for our requirement. We wrote a InstallHandler with extending BaseInstallHandler class and override completeInstall() and completeUninstall() methods. But we want to display popup message to user during feature un-installation.
>
> I have tried with MessageDialog.openInformation() in completeUninstall() method but it throws NullPointerException while executing getSystemImage() method of SWT class.
>
> I have also tried with ErrorDialong.openError()in completeUninstall() method but it throws SWTException:Invalid Thread Access
>
> When tried with PopupDialog it requires parent shell that is not there in InstallHandler code.
>
>
> Please provide your valuable suggestion for implementation strategy.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> -Hardik
try:
Display.getCurrent().getActiveShell()

--
Derek
Previous Topic:Plugin was not loaded
Next Topic:equal size for buttons on a GridLayout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 19:32:07 GMT 2024