Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Change configuration location dynamically? Best practice?
Change configuration location dynamically? Best practice? [message #330286] Thu, 24 July 2008 13:51 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a.heikhaus.cenit.de

Hi,

I have the following problem: I have to change the configuration location dynamically on startup.

Therefore I can not use the way of editing the ini-file and setting osgi.configuration.area. More precisely: Configuration-area-informations will be provided by the windows registry and can be different for each startup of my rcp-app on the same machine. Now I´m asking by myself: Where is the best point to integrate? Is it a common way to call somewhere

Location confLocation = Platform.getConfigurationLocation();
confLocation.setURL(value, lock);

Where to do it best? Is there still a possible way or is the location already set in each case?

And how to prevent my launch configuration (when runnning my rcp within my IDE) to set no configuration-location? (@noDefault or @none has no effects)

Thanks

André
Re: Change configuration location dynamically? Best practice? [message #330313 is a reply to message #330286] Fri, 25 July 2008 07:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a.heikhaus.cenit.de

Hi,

I found out I´m in the wrong forum. I think that is a theme for equinox because the OSGI-platform needs the configuration area. So I think that it´s impossible to handle that action I want to do in the context of the my rcp-app. May be I can do that somewhere at startup of equinox.
Previous Topic:Re: Refactor JFace Data Binding
Next Topic:How to create a workspace programmatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 13:32:17 GMT 2024