Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problems with new Update Mechanism of 3.4M6
Problems with new Update Mechanism of 3.4M6 [message #327493] Tue, 22 April 2008 11:24 Go to next message
Hauke Fuhrmann is currently offline Hauke FuhrmannFriend
Hi there,

I installed the Eclipse Platform Version 3.4M6a for Linux-32. It showed
this new Software Update Mechanism.
I used it to install some stuff (CDT, subclipse and texlipse). After
that CDT is available, the others are not.

Starting Eclipse now only shows the old "Sftware Update -> find and
install" dialog where I cannot install anything ("no platform available").

Starting Eclipse brings now the error message below. What does this mean?

Regards,
Hauke

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved.
Reason: Missing C onstraint:
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse;
bundle-version="0.1.0"
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:305)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.star t(AbstractBundle.java:265)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.star t(AbstractBundle.java:257)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplie r.startBundles(ConfigApplier.java:289)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplie r.install(ConfigApplier.java:85)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfig uratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleCon
figuratorImpl.java:115)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfig uratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleCon
figuratorImpl.java:131)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.st art(Activator.java:48)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tartActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:10
03)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tart(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:346)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resu me(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBun dle(Framework.java:1074)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.r esumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:632
)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.i ncFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:495)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d oSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:2
80)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.l aunch(StartLevelManager.java:248)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume (SystemBundle.java:152)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Fr amework.java:644)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.ja va:51)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(Ecli pseStarter.java:288)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:171)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
Re: Problems with new Update Mechanism of 3.4M6 [message #327819 is a reply to message #327493] Sun, 04 May 2008 15:30 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: totolaricot.mac.com

Had the same issue with some other features. there is a problem with the
ECF plugin used by P2 and some other plugins. the result is that your
machine ends up with two versions and the error you see. I tried to
manually erase one of them, making updates to the checkpoint files..
nothing did it. I ended-up deleting P2 from my M6a setup (the remover
script on the download page did not work for me, so I had to do the
cleanup manually) because the install was so messed up I could not add
or remove anything. I hope they manage to stabilize P2 on time for the
release... based on my experience with it so far, I vote it out.

Hauke Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I installed the Eclipse Platform Version 3.4M6a for Linux-32. It showed
> this new Software Update Mechanism.
> I used it to install some stuff (CDT, subclipse and texlipse). After
> that CDT is available, the others are not.
>
> Starting Eclipse now only shows the old "Sftware Update -> find and
> install" dialog where I cannot install anything ("no platform available").
>
> Starting Eclipse brings now the error message below. What does this mean?
>
> Regards,
> Hauke
>
> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved.
> Reason: Missing C onstraint:
> Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse;
> bundle-version="0.1.0"
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:305)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.star t(AbstractBundle.java:265)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.star t(AbstractBundle.java:257)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplie r.startBundles(ConfigApplier.java:289)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplie r.install(ConfigApplier.java:85)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfig uratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleCon
> figuratorImpl.java:115)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfig uratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleCon
> figuratorImpl.java:131)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.st art(Activator.java:48)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tartActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:10
> 03)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s tart(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:346)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resu me(AbstractBundle.java:355)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBun dle(Framework.java:1074)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.r esumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:632
> )
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.i ncFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:495)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.d oSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:2
> 80)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.l aunch(StartLevelManager.java:248)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume (SystemBundle.java:152)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Fr amework.java:644)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.ja va:51)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(Ecli pseStarter.java:288)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:171)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
>

--
Laurent Mihalkovic, co-author SWT/JFace in Action (www.manning.com/scarpino)
Previous Topic:May I customize Problems view for markers?
Next Topic:Workingset not quite working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 29 12:13:09 GMT 2024