Java™ 8 Support in Eclipse
Java™ 8 support is included in the Eclipse Luna packages.
But you can add it to your existing Eclipse Kepler SR2 package using the instructions below.
The Java™ 8 support contains the following:
- Eclipse compiler implements all the new Java™ 8 language enhancements.
- Significant features, like Search and Refactoring, have been updated to support Java™ 8.
- Quick Assist and Clean Up to migrate anonymous class creations to lambda expressions and back.
- New formatter options for lambdas.
Installing Java™ 8 support for Eclipse Kepler SR2
In order to install the Java™ 8 support for Kepler SR2 you will need to have previously installed the following:
Use the Eclipse Marketplace to add Java™ 8 support to your Eclipse Kepler SR-2 package:
- Select "Help > Eclipse Marketplace..."
- Enter "Java 8 Kepler" in the search box
- Install Java 8 support for
Eclipse Kepler SR2
- Install additional features: