Eclipse Code Recommenders will automatically download the necessary recommendation models for the frameworks/APIs you use.
To do so, it needs to connect to a model repository using HTTP or HTTPS.
If you are behind a proxy, you may experience connection issues depending on your configuration (see the General > Network Connections preference page).
The following configurations are known to work:
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy (optionally with username/password Basic authentication) as configured by the Manual proxy provider.
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy with username/password Digest authentication as configured by the Manual proxy provider.
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy without authentication as configured by the Native proxy provider.
The following configurations may not work in all circumstances, depending on the proxy’s vendor and version:
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy with NTLM authentication.
This works with Squid, but may not work with all implementations of NTLM by Microsoft.
Please comment on this bug if you experience problems.
The following configurations do not work yet:
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy with username/password authentication as configured by the Native proxy provider.
See this bug for details.