Project Plan For WTP Source Editing, version 3.5 (Kepler)
The Source Editing project is a project under the Eclipse WTP top-level Project. Its main goal is to provide source editing support for typical web languages and the intermixing of them, with a focus on making the editors extensible and easily reusable. This document describes the features and the API set in the Source Editing project for the WTP 3.5 (Kepler) release.
- Source code for deliverables tagged in Git as version tagged "R3_5_0", viewable in the WTP Source Editing Git repositories .
WTP Source Editing will support the platforms certified by the Eclipse Platform project. For a list of platforms supported, see Eclipse Target Operating Environments .
Internationalization and Localization will be supported.
Themes and their priorities communicate the main objectives of the project and their importance. These will be prioritized based on the community feedback. New themes could be synthesized from the requirements submitted by the community.
The sections to follow defines the plan items in the Source Editing project. The plan items are grouped under the respective themes where applicable. Each plan item corresponds to a new feature, API or some aspects of the project that needs to be improved. A plan item has an entry in the Eclipse Bugzilla system that has a detailed description of the needed improvement. Not all plan items represent the same amount of work; some may be quite large, others, quite small. Although some plan items are for work that is more pressing than others, the plan items appear in no particular order. See the corresponding bugzilla items for up-to-date status information on ongoing work and planned delivery milestones.
For Kepler, Source Editing will primarily be focusing on maintenance issues, fixing bugs, and upgrading dependencies.
The following are plan items including those not yet categorized into a theme.
- No items.
- No items.
- [undo] SSE Undo stack different from standard operation history  (target milestone: Future)
- [api][doc] SSE SourceParser Interfaces should be made API and documented  (target milestone: Future)
- Make already-specified attributes easier to find in the property sheet  (target milestone: Future)
- The general WTP plan can be found here .