Project Plan For technology.imp, version 1.0
This will be the first official release of the IMP meta-tooling and runtime.
The deliverables will include:
- An update site providing all of the IMP features, including the runtime, meta-tooling, analysis, analysis UI, Java support, and the various language IDEs for languages used with IMP itself (LPG, prefspecs, and so on).
- Updated cheat-sheets for use with the IMP meta-tooling to help users get started with IMP.
- HTML versions of the meta-tooling documentation
- JavaDoc for all published API classes and interfaces
All critical bugs fixed
All major bugs fixed, API stable
API freeze, only critical bug fixes permitted
This release of IMP will work with Eclipse versions 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5, on the following host environments:
- Mac OS X 10.5/10.6
- Windows XP and later
We have no concrete plans for work on internationaliziation at this time. At the same time, we would like to solicit users for their requirements in this area for subsequent releases.
This will be the first official release, so no rigidly formal statement of compatibility with previous releases would make sense. That said, we intend to preserve API compatibility with previous versions of IMP as much as possible.
There are 3 major themes for this release:
- Language Service API Stabilization
- Runtime Stabilization
- Meta-tooling Stabilization
Language Service API Stabilization
Solidify the APIs relating to user-supplied language service implementations. The intent is to preserve the value our clients have built. For this release we will mark APIs as stable, deprecated, and so on, to make clear the state of each API call.
Fix critical/major bugs in the runtime.
Fix major usability and other problems in the meta-tooling. This includes functionality in the wizards as well as in the source code templates.