Project Plan For eTrice, version 0.3.0
This document is about the development progress for the eTrice release 0.3
The release deliverables consist of the following items:
- eTrice modeling tools (includes runtime, sources, tutorial and documentation) (ZIP file download and update site).
- eTrice Java code generator, middleware and model library (no download but installable by a New Wizard shipped with eTrice).
- eTrice ANSI-C code generator, middleware and model library.
- eTrice C++ code generator, middleware and model library.
- eTrice tests (no download, executed in central Hudson build)
In order to remain up-to-date, each Eclipse release targets reasonably current versions of the underlying operating environments. The eTrice project depends upon the Platform and other projects, which are mostly "pure" Java. The 0.3.0 release of the eTrice Project is written and compiled against the Juno APIs, and targeted to run on version 1.6 of the Java Runtime Environment, Standard Edition. eTrice will be tested and validated against a subset of target environments listed for the platform.
eTrice aims at real-time and embedded developers. All texts come by default in English only, no internationalization is planned.
There will be additional features in models and code generators, leading to limited compatibility.
With the third release of eTrice consolidation and integration of various contributions are the main themes.
Consolidation of Existing Features: Model Editors, Generators and Runtimes (Java and C)
Exisiting features will be consolidated. Some minor features are missing in the C generator, others are missing in the Java generator. We will add more test to get a better coverage of tested features. We will also do some re-factorings and round-offs where appropriate.
Integration of Google Summer of Code Projects
Summer 2012 we had three Google Summer of Code students working on eTrice projects
- Diagram Layout with KIELER
- Generic Action Code Language
- Extended Model Validation and State Graph Proposal Generation Based on Protocol Semantics
First Version of the C++ Generator and Runtime
A first version of the C++ generator and runtime was contributed which we will integrate to make it available to the community.
Improved Documentation and Tutorials
The documentation will be completed and more tutorials will be added.