Each organization has their own unique reasons for joining the Eclipse Foundation. Some see it as an opportunity to network, learn and work with other organizations who are making strategic use of Open Source. Others join because of the many marketing benefits available. We invite you to explore the benefits of membership on this page to learn how your organization might benefit. If you have questions about any of these benefits, or would like to suggest some that may be missing - please email us.
Membership in the Eclipse Foundation allows organizations to leverage the resources of the community and achieve a higher return on their investment in Eclipse products and services. Eclipse members are offered a unique opportunity to understand the trends and directions of the Eclipse technology and participate in marketing programs that drive potential users to your offerings.
There are three areas to discover the many benefits of membership:
- A high level summary of benefits, by membership level, can be found here.
- The Eclipse Bylaws describe certain rights summarized here.
- The Eclipse Foundation runs a number of programs that change over time to benefit our membership. A summary of some of those programs is described in the table below.
- Have a special offer you want to offer other members? Place a short ad in the Foundation Newsletters!
- The Eclipse community host two annual conferences in North American and Europe. This is a perfect opportunity to meet potential partners and customers. Eclipse members receive preferential exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities, show discounts and other members only opportunities.
- Eclipse member meetings and committee discussions create many opportunities to network with other technical, marketing and business development professionals. Members discuss and leverage shared resources to solve Member problems and grow the Eclipse community. There are two face-to-face members meets and two teleconference meetings each year, plus many other opportunities and events.